Frequently Asked Questions
What is Inspira?
Inspira is a brand new community offering independent living, assisted living and residential memory care. Part of the Arrowhead neighborhood in Glendale, Arizona, Inspira is a new 62+ community now open, and the newest neighbor to join Velaire Apartments in the Aspera master-planned community. Cadence Living is a highly respected team of professionals devoted to providing high-quality living environments. Our progressive approach focuses on health, wellness and living styles that respect individual preferences, while providing supportive services to help people live their best life.
What community amenities do you offer?
Amenities bloom throughout our spacious, 11-acre campus, including pea patch gardens, a dog park, a fire pit for cool nights and a pool for hot days. We believe health and fitness shouldn’t be separate from the rest of life but naturally woven into it. At Inspira, we make it easy to stick to your wellness goals with healthy menu options, engaging fitness classes and inviting walking paths that you’ll love to stroll with companions or your four-legged friend.
- FITNESS CENTER: State-of-the-art fitness equipment, a fitness instructor and a wide variety of classes to keep you moving.
- WALKING PATHS: Inspira places a premium on walking paths, with lots of room to get your 10,000 steps in each day—without leaving the community!
- HEATED OUTDOOR POOL AND FIRE PIT: Take a morning dip, enjoy a poolside lunch and meet up with friends for an evening fire.
- SALON: Look and feel your best with on-site beauty and barber services.
- DINING: Our upscale, restaurant-style dining room and casual bistro offer healthy options and local farm-to-table menus.
- TALENT ROOM: Our art studio and crafts workshop, complete with tools and tables, is the perfect place for inspiration and to set your creativity free.
- PEA PATCH GARDEN: Raised garden beds make it easy to plant and tend herbs, flowers and vegetables with less strain on knees and backs.
- DOGGY STATIONS: We’re pet-friendly in more ways than one. We make it easy to take your best friend for long walks or out for a quick potty break.
What do you offer for active seniors?
Inspira offers a rich calendar of opportunities for learning, creativity, exercise and spirituality every month. Every event is designed to keep the mind, body, heart and spirit engaged. From concerts and guest lectures to theater and exercise, games and classes, services and celebrations, civic and volunteer opportunities, shopping and museums, movies and dances, and much more, you can remain as active and involved as you like.
- INSPIRA CHOIR: Music is a big part of our culture. Our informal singing group gets together weekly to perform, plus we hold karaoke parties and bring in special musical guests. Anyone is invited to join! Invite your friends.
- ARTISTIC PURSUITS: The Talent Room is your space to pursue your creative side with weekly arts classes. Learn watercolors, oils, origami, collage and crafting of all kinds.
- BOOK CLUB: Inspira sponsors a book club that meets regularly for discussion. It is open to residents and anyone in the nearby community.
- INTELLECTUAL PURSUITS: Inspira’s programming covers a wide variety of subjects including leading-edge medical topics, the latest technology, holistic health and brain fitness.
- SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS: We encourage people to pursue their passions and inspire others with their special gifts, whatever they may be.
What living options are available?
Inspira offers several lifestyle choices: Independent Living, Assisted Living and Residential Memory Care. This is a perfect solution for couples who have different needs but want to remain living near each other. At Inspira, you can choose an Independent Living studio, one-bedroom or two-bedroom apartment, some with two baths. You also will have peace of mind, knowing that Assisted Living services can be provided in the privacy of your apartment home, and Memory Care apartments are available should they ever be needed. All of Inspira’s apartment homes are licensed for Assisted Living to ensure residents can receive personal care services without having to move. This means continuing to enjoy living near friends and neighbors regardless of whether you or they need a little help getting ready for another exciting day. Couples enjoy knowing their lifestyle doesn’t have to change when one spouse requires more help than the other, but both want to be part of an active and vibrant community. Residential Memory Care provides a specialized, safe and secure care environment for those living with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other cognitive conditions.
What makes Inspira’s Memory Care program unique?
At Inspira, we recognize every individual is unique, and we don’t expect that to change just because their memory has. We create programs throughout the community based on the rhythm of life, and in our Memory Care program, we take it a few steps further. We describe our approach as flexible, with the expectation and ability to flow with the ups and downs each day brings. Our activities are founded upon the Seven Dimensions of Wellness which are social, emotional, spiritual, environmental, occupational, intellectual and physical. We enjoy adapting to the sometimes-unexpected needs of our residents, and we think they do too.
What apartment amenities do you offer?
- Studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment homes available.
- Upscale interior finishes.
- Outdoor balconies or patios with exterior storage closets.
- Full kitchens and washer and dryer in both Independent/Assisted Living apartments.
- Walk-in showers with seat.
- Emergency call system.
What services do you offer in Assisted Living?
Some of our residents in Assisted Living simply require assistance managing medications, while others need various levels of care and assistance. We can assist our residents with their Activities of Daily Living such as showering, dressing, grooming and even escorts to dining and activities. Each resident has a personalized service plan that is updated regularly to meet changing needs.
How is my level of care determined?
Our nurse assesses each Assisted Living resident’s care needs to create a personalized care plan that determines their level of care. Assessments are done upon moving in and following a health event to ensure everyone receives as much or as little care as they need.
What is your staff-to-resident ratio?
Staffing ratios are not mandated by the state of Arizona, which allows Inspira to staff according to resident needs, rather than achieve an arbitrary number.
What kind of training do your care team members receive?
Our Care Partners are certified caregivers. They must complete the approved training program, which is overseen by the Arizona Board of Nursing. Cadence provides ongoing training monthly, and as needed.
Are pets allowed?
Yes! Inspira is a pet-friendly community that welcomes residents’ dogs, cats, birds and fish. Dogs must be approved by the Executive Director, who determines acceptable pet residency. For the safety and comfort of all residents and guests, residents are responsible for their pets at all times and must adhere to the Inspira Pet Policy.
What are your visiting hours?
Inspira is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and as a residential community, there are no scheduled visiting hours. Visitors and families are welcome to come and go as they please. However, to ensure the safety of our community, all visitors, including vendors, are required to sign in at the front desk.
Is smoking allowed at Inspira?
NO—Inspira is a smoke-free community.
How much does it cost to live at Inspira?
Inspira offers private-pay rental apartments. Terms are month-to-month, and no “buy-in” fee is required. Residents pay a monthly rental rate that includes dining, events, housekeeping and linen services, apartment and community maintenance, most utilities and scheduled transportation. For residents in Assisted Living and Memory Care, there is an additional monthly charge for care services, based on the nature of the services and the time required to perform them.
How do I arrange a visit?
We can’t wait to show you the plans for Inspira and answer all of your questions! Give us a call at (623) 235-6400 to schedule a visit or for information about our upcoming events.